Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Hello, I started making paper cuts again, I found a lovely book of traditional paper cuts and as I love folk art and birds, I gave this polish rooster a try and I don't think it will stop there, I've been designing paper cuts in my head all night and all day, still tipping away at other projects but everything is in bits and pieces, I'm working on some Halloween doll decorations at the weekends and now my mam has made me a master of the sewing machine I should have them finished at the weekend so will post them soonio I hope, Love to the tinderboxers x

5 comments:

denise nestor said...

very nice :)

Jane O Sullivan said...

ooooh marianne ,
nice work , thanks for posting it !
its really vibrant :)
good luck with the rest of your projects

Claire said...

Fabulous. I like the mixture of patterns. They really contrast in style but work so well together. Nice one.

slow said...

Pict-ish, I really like the golden fringe at the chest, beautiful.

They are very, very different from yours, but you may enjoy Yellowhammer's bird collection, here: http://www.behance.net/yellowhammer

:]
elida.

Pict-ish! said...

Thanks so much for the lovely comments Denise, Claire, Jane and Elida :) and thank you Elida for showing me Yellowhammers work, its beautiful and simular in ways, I could really see them as cut outs. They are very interesting, I especially love the Kestrel and the Pheasant, well done to yellowhammer!