Monday, March 28, 2011

Botanic gardens meet up

Palm leaf zoom by Esther Moliné
Palm leaf zoom a photo by Esther Moliné on Flickr.
Hi everybody! Here's a shot I took at the Botanic Gardens in Dublin last July, applying the zoom trick while taking a longish exposure shot of a palm tree leaf in one of the glasshouses. If you'd like to come to a meet up there this Saturday the 2nd of April I will be there with some flickr photographers from 11 to 11.30 at the area near the Visitor Centre, between the Alpine House (to the left of the centre) and the Palm House, around where the sundial is. If the time doesn't suit and you'd like to come later write a comment here and I'll email you my mobile number so you can find us, we should be there for a long time! Even if you're not interested in photography I thought it would be a nice opportunity to meet, and people might be inspired by the surroundings to sketch, write, etc. We could afterwards post the results here! Hope to see you there!
Esther

2 comments:

Damien said...

Hey Esther, not going to be able to make it I'm afraid, hope ye get a nice day for it.
That zoom trick technique looks cool, like you're travelling at lightspeed!

Esther Moliné said...

Thank you Damien, we can get together another time I'm sure!